Summer Air Quality & Heat
Summer officially started on Sunday & it\’s been hot outside, that\’s for sure!
We wanted to remind you again of the importance of taking care in the summer.
Remember that during times of extreme heat, it is important to take extra precautions to prevent heat-related illness, particularly for those who may be more vulnerable to these conditions such as the elderly, people on certain medications and those with respiratory conditions.
At Community Ventures Society, we hope that everyone takes the time to ensure that individuals who are being supported understand how to recognize that they may be overheating and how to prevent this from happening.
Consider the following –
- Never leave anyone alone in a car
- Stay in the shade when possible
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Wear lighter clothing, hats and sunglasses
- Close curtains during the daytime to block the sun
- Open windows to promote air circulation
- Use fans to promote a cross breeze in rooms
- Apply sunscreen when spending time outdoors
These preventative measures are fairly standard in terms of managing care during the summer months. CVS and all of its staff are committed to taking these extra precautions to ensure that the proper safeguards are in place to reduce the incidence of heat related illness.
To keep a close eye on weather warnings across BC please click here.
Enjoy the summer & let\’s all stay safe while enjoying these sunnier days!