BC Summer Institute – Registration opens Feb 1st!
Save the date- August 20-22, 2018
This 3-day event is designed to provide a robust learning environment that will facilitate strategic approaches to inclusion and belonging for all students in B.C.’s elementary and secondary schools.
The theme for this year\’s conference is Creating the Future: Partnerships for Inclusive Learning. The conference will be held at the University of British Columbia and is intended for individuals who have an interest in inclusive learning and will include teachers, administration, parents, paraprofessionals, therapists and other members of a school-based team.
- Universal Design for Learning (Dr. Jennifer Katz)
- Positive Behaviour Supports (Dr. Brenda Fossett)
- Transition & Employment (Dr. Paul Malette)
- Literacy Across the Curriculum (Vicki Rothstein)
- Self Regulated Learning (Dr. Nancy Perry, Dr. Deborah Butler, & Dr. Leyton Schnellert)
- The New Curriculum (Shelley Moore)
- Social Emotional Learning (Dr. Kimberly A. Schonert-Reichl, Dr. John-Tyler Binfet)
Community Ventures Society is a proud sponsor of the event and is encouraging people in our community to join this wonderful conference.
Registration opens on February 1st. To find out more about the conference or to register from Feb 1st onward, please visit the BC Summer Institute website.